Here’s a guest post from writer, Sophie Samuel.
Children are an integral part of a family and a home. A newly married couple waits anxiously for the birth of their first child and for more thereafter.
We all love sound of little feet running around the house, the mischief and prank, the unbridled laughter and so many other joys that only kids can give.
Now what exactly is the role of kids in your family life?
One of the most important role of kids is that of teacher. We learn a lot from them by simply watching them:
1. Live one day at a time. This is perhaps the most important lesson that we can learn from kids is to live one day at a time.
Take things as they come. Do not anticipate problems as these may never materialize. Most of all do what you have to do without being under any stress – but when stress does arise, don’t take it out on your kids. You can always use a child support phone number to talk with someone.
2. Live for the moment and put all your attention and effort into doing what you are doing. Use all your skill and the necessary resources to get your work done
3. Do not hesitate to ask for help. Whenever you encounter a problem or cannot perform a task by yourself ask for help from anyone who can help you. Give you helpers a long rope as you know you cannot do the job yourself
4. Appreciate the small things in life. Those big things like a mansion or the latest sports car are not as important as playing in the garden or eating an icecream. Be thankful for what you have and do not crave for more.
5. Cry when you have to. A little crying helps to release us from grief. It makes us able to continue in spite of our hurt.
Kids add purpose and meaning to our lives. Having a purpose in life is not a matter of principle but a matter of survival.
Kids are the reason why we live and why we go on. In harsh and difficult times we discover that there is more to life than working, earning, acquiring things and such activities.
They teach us to be optimistic and filled with hope. In today’s world of rising crime and violence, their optimism and determination help us to take on the world.
Kids are the glue that keep a family together. In tough times they are loyal and never forget to love and to be close to you. They are always by your side and care for you in their own tiny ways.
Keep the Child support phone number ready always.
Question: What role do kids play in your family?