I recently signed up for an online course that provided a basic introduction to Pinterest.
If you’re not aware of what Pinterest is, it’s the third-largest and fastest-growing social media platform on the web.
It’s kind of like a living mashed up visual montage of Better Homes & Gardens, Food & Wine, Parenting, Style and People magazines blended with the Oscars red carpet plus a dash of baby shower with a healthy dose of Silpada jewelry all drizzled in chocolate.
Given that description, it’s not surprising that an estimated 98 percent of all Pinterest users are women.
Don’t get me wrong, there are tons of cool things to see and learn on this addictingly-awesome site; however, it got me thinking of possible Pinterest spin-off sites that might appeal to guys:
1. Ginterest – a site dedicated to drink mixology and “manly” grain alcohols such as scotch, whiskey and rye.
2. Finterest – everything about sharks ranging from hammerheads, tiger sharks, great whites to shark attacks.
3. Enginterest – a web site that only features the crankshafts and gearboxes of all things motorsports.
4. Qui-Gon Jinnterest - this site would focus on all Jedi masters and the Star Wars mythology (except Jar Jar Binks).
5. Flinterest – this would be a web page dedicated to starting camp fires, building makeshift shelters, eating bugs and a tribute to the alpha-male of outdoor survival, Bear Grylls.
6. Sin Binterest – a site that celebrates the bruisers and enforcers of the NHL who spend more time in the penalty box (or Sin Bin) than they do on the ice.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go get in touch with my feminine side over on Pinterest – you can follow me there, by clicking HERE.
Question: What other possible site names might be appropriate for a masculine version of Pinterest?