This weekend I attended the 2nd Quitter Conference held in Nashville, Tennesee.
It’s the conceptual brainchild of nationally bestselling author, speaker and blogger Jon Acuff who shares ideas on a variety of topics including marketing, social media, faith, inspiration and chasing your dream.
It was an incredible event overall and here are 10 tongue-in-cheek lessons I learned:
10. The swag was so awesome this year that it could only be topped by a Quitter-branded foot massager and afghan woolie next year.
9. Jon likes to wear the same outfit two days in a row (or maybe that was just to ensure easy video editing and continuity when they convert the video sessions into learning modules) – either way I felt sorry for him….
8. Jon really, really likes the song “The Final Countdown” by the 80′s hair-metal band Europe. It seemed to be in high-rotation during the networking breakout sessions.
7. The baristas in the lobby of the Dave Ramsey office complex (Jon works for Ramsey) are caffeine ninjas!
6. Apparently Easy Mac and quesos are not health foods – Jon offered photographic evidence
4. In addition to the likes of Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, Faith Hill and Taylor Swift who all live in Nashville – it seems that Snow Miser has a place there as well, evidenced by the frosty flakes and wind chills in the teens.
3. It seems that shaved eyebrow strips (ala 80′s rapper Vanilla Ice) may be back in vogue – or not.
2. The quaintly-named, traditional southern dish “chitlins” (which I ate for dinner on Friday) are actually pig intestines. That would have been a helpful bit of info to know prior to eating them.
1. Make sure I ask The Boss (aka my wife) if I can attend the next Quitter Conference as well!